[Mailman-Users] Perl CGI and permission issues

Xiaoyan Ma xma at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 28 19:19:30 CET 2005

For a number of reasons (authentication and talking to the mail server through CLI) we are working
on Perl CGI scripts to allow authenticated users create new mailing list through web interface,
but we are
running into permission issues. Can someone tell us what the permissions and owners of the
following files need to be set to?

- The CGI Script being called from the web
- newlist
- config_list

Right now when we try and call newlist from the CGI script, we get a permissions error. Has anyone
set anything up like this before?

Thanks.
Xiaoyan