[Mailman-Users] Uhhuh, my GID blues goes on... :( - Case SOLVED!

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 28 16:00:43 CET 2005

Niemi Hannu wrote:

>What is strange is that the wrappers in the aliases file was just the
>same as in the mailman aliases file, so it still beats me, why it didn't
>work. But, let's hope this cured the problem until forever! :)

The problem wasn't with the wrapper per se or with which wrapper was
invoked as there was only one. The problem was that Postfix invokes
the wrapper as the user/group of the owner of the aliases.db file that
the alias came from. In your case, you had two different
aliases/aliases.db files with different owners, each containing some
mailman aliases, so the wrapper wasn't being invoked with a consistent
group.