[Mailman-Users] is the a way to teach mailman to leave spamassassinflags alone?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Nov 26 05:44:40 CET 2005

Peter Von Büren wrote:

> i'm using mailman 2.1.4 and postfix as MTA on a Mac Xserve (OS 10.3.8)
>
> I've a odd problem.
> It seems that mailman changes the Spamassassin Spam Score in the mail
> header,
> when the mail is accepted by the list and send it to our mailhub
> (where
> spamassassin runs) with a lower or no spam Score at all. Is there a
> way to
> tell mailman to leave the Header alone?

Mailman itself neither adds, deletes or changes the content of any
x-spam-* headers in messages it handles.

It seems as if you're saying the message passes through Spamassassin
again after leaving Mailman. If so, is it possible it receives a lower
score because it now comes from mailman and has additional headers and
possibly filtered content. If this is not what's happening, it must be
something specific to Apple's version.