[Mailman-Users] Quick question ..

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Nov 24 18:45:20 CET 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Rob Poe wrote:
> I'm running Mailman for a list, and one of my subscribers is getting
> this message from spamalert.net
>
> (VIRUS) Re: [CWC] Fuel Tank Removal
>    To: *******@*******.com  (removed) <mailto:mjpuetz at copper.net>
>    From:  <******@*******.com <mailto:danriffle at yahoo.com>>
>    This message was deleted and cannot be retrieved.
>
> He said if the person sends directly to him, he gets the message just
> fine.  It's when it bounces through Mailman that it picks up this error..

Checking on the error in question, (Outlook "CR" vulnerability), something
is slipping in a naked <cr> character into the message header. Check all
your configs for one of them. Also, is there a '\r' in there somewhere?

Python question- if you use a backslash at the end of a line in a string
literal, can that bury a <cr> in the text?

Are you using a MAC, BTW? (Uses <cr> as EOL character.)

> I'm perplexed now. :/

Reading spamalert's "support" page, I'm not surprised. It's more of a
"no support" page...

z!