[Mailman-Users] Posting problem after migration to new server

Brian Wong bwlist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:58:46 CET 2005

I recently moved an existing mailman installation from one server to
another. The procedure I used was stopping the web server and smtp
daemon on the old server, tar up the mailman directory, and untarred
it onto the new server. I ran 'bin/check_perms -f' and it reported no
problems.

Everything seems to work except postings and outbound notifications.
My postfix logs report '...status=sent (delivered to command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist)'. I check the web
interface for pending messages and nothing is in the queue.
Notifications for moderator approval never show up either. Why do all
the postings seem to disappear? The 'post' logs show nothing after the
migration time, even with the successful postfix delivery command.

All DNS changes and mail routing seem to be correct. What could the
issue be? Thanks.