[Mailman-Users] Mailman problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 20 18:45:19 CET 2005

VerenigdeStaten.Info wrote:

>Since november 7 mailman is recieving bounces from many email adresses. At
>this time 80% of our subscribers are bounced and disabled from the list. The
>bounced adresses are from several providers and the are, if mailed
>individual, completely working.

Have you tried individually sending an email that looks like a list
mail, i.e., with To: header containing the list address and sending
that to a 'bouncing' member via the same outgoing MTA that Mailman
uses?

If you have the owner notifications turned on, the owner will receive a
copy of the triggering bounce. What do these say?

If rejects from the outgoing MTA are occurring when Mailman attempts to
send, these should be logged in Mailman's 'smtp' and/or 'smtp-failure'
logs. Are there any relevant entries there?