[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopped delivering mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 18 22:22:07 CET 2005

Eric Evans wrote:

>I tried running this python script, and interestingly enough it does cause
>a message to be delivered correctly.  So why does this script work but I
>get "host/servname not known" errors when I try to send a message to my
>list through Mailman?  Very mysterious.

What if anything do you have in mm_cfg.py for SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT? If
nothing, Have you perhaps changed them in Defaults.py (Nothing in
Defaults.py should ever be changed)?

If these are all OK, I can only think of 3 possibilities for a
difference:

1) your DELIVERY_MODULE is not 'SMTPDirect' in which case, what is it?

2) you are not running the test script with the same Python version as
Mailman is using (not a likely cause)

3) you are not running the test script as the same user:group as
Mailman's OutgoingRunner.

Also, does Mailman successfully send anything? E.g. password reminders
or hold notifications.