[Mailman-Users] List help

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 18 06:24:11 CET 2005

Charles Huberty wrote:

>Those were already set.  Thanks though.
>
>On Nov 15, 2005, at 4:20 PM, Dan Phillips wrote:
>
>> On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:28 PM, Charles Huberty wrote:
>>> I am currently running OS X 10.4.3.  I have set up mailing lists and
>>> set the option for non members mail to be passed on through.  I am
>>> still receiving requests to authorize non member posts.  How do I
>>> make it stop?  I want all posts to just be accepted.
>>

>> Check on the General Options page to see if  "Emergency moderation
>> of all list traffic" under "additional settings" about half way
>> down the page is checked. Also, on the Membership Management" page,
>> make sure that "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those
>> members not currently visible" at the bottom of the page is set to
>> "off."

Just to be clear, "Emergency moderation of all list traffic" should be
'No', and the "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members
not currently visible" is an immediate action to be performed when the
'Set' button is clicked; it is not a persistent state. The persistent
state which is affected when 'Set' is clicked is each current members
moderation flag.

As far as the problem is concerned, what is the reason for the hold as
reported in the authorization request and on the admindb page? If
generic_nonmember_action is accept, non-member posts should be
accepted. If they aren't accepted, what do the notices say is the
reason?