[Mailman-Users] having trouble getting webpages to come up

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 17 22:26:57 CET 2005

Hello again,

>And did you restart Apache so it would reread its configuration?

Yes.

>Are you getting a 404 "Not Found" error?

No, when I try to connect to the Mailman admin web page with my browser, I
get a generic Apache page instead of the Mailman admin web page.

>Do you have any rewriting rules enabled which might rewrite the mailman
>URL by mistake?

No, we're definitely not using any rewriting rules.  What I'd really like
to know is, what exactly is it that connects Mailman to Apache?  Is it just
that one ScriptAlias statement in the httpd.conf?  If so, then how exactly
how does this work?  I'd really like to understand the process by which the
Apache server is able to find the Mailman admin web page.  There is clearly
some kind of big disconnect between Mailman and Apache on our server.

Thanks a lot,
Eric