[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopped delivering mail

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 16 20:20:54 CET 2005

Mark, thanks very much for your suggestion.  I did read the suggested page
and tried the little diagnostics suggested there.  They indicate no
discrepancies, and yet I still can't get Mailman to deliver any
messages.  I also modified our resolv.conf as suggested, but still no
success.  It seems clear that Mailman is, for some reason, unable to
resolve hostnames.  Why is it that other applications running on this same
server can resolve hostnames but Mailman can't?  What is different about
Mailman's method of resolving hostnames?  BTW I also tried reinstalling
Mailman (in the process upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5) and I still can't
get Mailman to work.

Thanks,
Eric