[Mailman-Users] Admin Password

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Nov 11 01:41:43 CET 2005

On 11/10/05 5:55 AM, "Bryan Carbonnell" <carbonnb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/05, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 10 November 2005 01:42 am, Stefan Henrico wrote:
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> Is there any way for me to retrieve my admin password?
>>> I was under the impression that I do know the password as I created a list
>>> not too long ago, but alas.. :)
>>
>> mmsitepass would give you the ste password.
>
> Actually mmsitepass SETS the site password.
>
> So Stefan, if you have command line access, you can use the mmsitepass
> command to set a new site password.

And if
history | grep mmsitepass
shows you the site password, you should consider using the parameterless
form of mmsitepass instead.  I had forgotten that it could be used either
with password in the command line (nice for scripting) or without (prompting
for the password), until I checked just now.

(It's a somewhat nasty exception to the fact that *most* things in
~mailman/bin give their usage if called with no parameters.)

  --John