[Mailman-Users] customizing MM pages to users after they subscribe

brian mailmanlist at zijn-digital.com
Thu Nov 10 07:38:52 CET 2005

Kiwi Ssennyonjo wrote:
> good evening to all
>
> 1- is there any way to customize the Mailing list subscription
> confirmation page after a user subscribes?
>

> 2- also customize the welcome to mailing list page?
> -- our list is a post only for the users we don't want them even
> knowing that they can post. (they cant post, we've moderated them)
> i am just interested in removing some of the information on the page.

I'm just doing the same (and more). Follow the directions carefully at
this page:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp

That'll show you how to hide posting info from regular users.

Then copy the following files from

$prefix/templates/LANG/
$prefix/lists/YOURLIST/LANG/

(where LANG is, eg, 'en' and YOURLIST is the name of the list you're
customizing)

listinfo.html
options.html
subscribe.html

you may also want admlogin.html

Mailman will always look in that directory first before using the one in
templates/

Be advised that you cannot customize the login page that users pass
through on their way to the options page. After some digging i found
it's hard-coded into one of the files under Mailman/Gui/ Unfortunately,
there seems to be few others like this.

If you do customize the pages directly, just browse through as a normal
ser and view source as you make changes to feel your way through. It's
mostly pretty clear what's going on.

And make sure to leave clean files in the templates directory as a backup.

brian