[Mailman-Users] Mailman and multimaster redundancy

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 4 17:41:07 CET 2005

Mordechai T. Abzug wrote:

>Yes, the web part and the mail part are easy.  My concern is the
>mailman configuration itself, as per my earlier posting.  I need full
>redundancy.  Note that performance is NOT a problem.  The problem is
>to not have a single point of failure.  The servers in question are
>way-overspec'd for the expected load, but we need to be able to
>continue running in the event that we lose a facility.

Having two 'live' mailman instances with separate data and keeping them
synched would be very difficult.

Another approach which you can find discussed somewhat in the archives
of this and/or the mailman-developers list is to have one live
installation and a second 'hot spare' installation. Then the problem
reduces to just keeping the spare's data current which is more
manageable.