[Mailman-Users] virtual mail problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 2 23:40:34 CET 2005

Kanogin A.A.

>MS> Your aliases are good. The problem appears to be that Postfix does not
>MS> recognize "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post lugnn" as a pipe and
>MS> is treating it as a username.
>
>MS> This is a Postfix configuration issue of some kind.
>
>----------
>my main.cf:
>----------

<snip>

>----------
>my master.cf
>----------

<snip>

Beyond verifying that your aliases look correct, I can't help you with
Postfix configuration. Someone else on the Mailman list might be able
to help, but this is a generic Postfix configuration issue. I.e., an
alias of the form

name: "|/path/to/command args"

is trying to redirect mail addressed to name at domain to
"|/path/to/command args"@domain instead of piping it to the command.

You would be more likely to get timely help by using Postfix support
resources rather than Mailman support resources.