[Mailman-Users] change email_host in all lists

Meike Reichle mrei0999 at rz.uni-hildesheim.de
Tue May 31 14:50:42 CEST 2005

Hi all,

we just changed our email domain so I now have to change the email_host
entry in all our mailing lists. I adjusted the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in
mm_cfg.py. But I also have to change that value in all existing lists. I
know this can be done using the web interface but we have quite a lot of
lists, so I would very much prefer to do this on commandline. I checked
and found out that can be done using config_list and a file containing
just this one setting. So I created a file containing the line
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'my new domain' however when doing config_list -i
this_file -c I got the error "attribute "DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST" ignored".

Does this attribut have a different name within the already created
lists or is this just because I used the -c flag? I also tried
email_host but with the same effect ("attribute "email_host" ignored").

Cheers,
Meike

--
Meike Reichle - University of Hildesheim

Mail:	mrei0999 at rz.uni-hildesheim.de
WWW:	www.uni-hildesheim.de/~mrei0999