[Mailman-Users] lost and confused

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 28 18:40:48 CEST 2005

KENNEY, William P. wrote:

>I need some help getting Mailman up and running. I have read the install
>docs and have some partial success with a Sendmail configuration last
>year (I finally gave up and stayed with MD & Sendmail on an Alpha), but
>no joy with postfix currently.
<snip>

>I can send mail from the command line but can't receive mail. I have
>read the docs for postfix's main.cf but it doesn't make much sense, so I
>need to be pointed in the right direction here.

It seems you either don't have Mailman's aliases and aliases.db files
set up properly or you don't have them properly referenced in postfix.

Have you read the README.POSTFIX document or the postfix section in the
new Mailman Installation manual? I don't know if this is in RedHat's
rpm. You can find it at http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html