[Mailman-Users] Extra http: and mailman in URLs under admin

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 28 04:29:03 CEST 2005

Michael Clark wrote:

>I'm trying to set up some new lists, and when I get into their
>administrative pages, make the changes, and then hit "Submit Your
>Changes", I end up with extra bits in the URL. I start out at
>http://www.cdt.org/mailman/admin/asc_bestpractices and after I hit
>submit I am at
>http://http//www.cdt.org/mailman/mailman/admin/asc_bestpractices/general
>which of course doesn't work.

This URL is based on the lists web_page_url attribute which was set at
list creation time from the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and, depending on how the list was created,
probably information from the VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary which is built
from add_virtualhost() entries in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py. Something was
wrong with these at list create time. Once they are fixed, the list
can be fixed with bin/fix_url.py which can be run stand alone for
instructions.

I have no way to know what the actual config problem is without seeing
Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py, but maybe DEFAULT_URL_HOST is
'http://www.cdt.org/mailman/' instead of 'www.cdt.org' or some
add_virtualhost() entry is similarly messed up.