[Mailman-Users] Seeing the status of the deliveries?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 28 04:00:39 CEST 2005

Sub Zero wrote:

>How do I see the status of the mail deliveries within mailman in a daily
>announce posted list like "this list post was addressed to 2504 recipients.
>108 of them were over the quota and 42 of them were failed" etc?

You can't get this information directly in that form. The Mailman logs
'post', 'smtp', 'smtp-failure' and 'bounce' contain as much as mailman
knows about this except for the reason for bounces (i.e. you can't
distinguish between over-quota, invalid userid, etc.).

Your MTA logs might contain additional information.

If you set the list's bounce_score_threshold to 0.5 and turn on the
notifications, all bounces will result in disables and the bounce
message (DSN) will be sent to the list owner, so you can see the
reasons that way.