[Mailman-Users] digest threshold problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 28 02:46:29 CEST 2005

Sean wrote:

>Can anyone point me to the code that checks the digest size for
>the daily senddigests cron job?   Much appreciated.

The daily senddigests cron job does not do any checking of digest size.
The Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py handler is responsible for queueing
the digest to be sent when it adds a post that puts the digest mailbox
over the threshhold size.

The periodic job (cron/senddigests) attempts to send a digest only for
lists for which the digest_send_periodic attribute is true. The code is

    for listname in listnames:
        mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
        if mlist.digest_send_periodic:
            mlist.Lock()
            try:
                mlist.send_digest_now()
                mlist.Save()
            finally:
                mlist.Unlock()

It's hard to see how that could possibly send a digest for a list for
which digest_send_periodic is not true.