[Mailman-Users] No Headers

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri May 27 06:12:39 CEST 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 22:48, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> David Wills wrote:
>> My headers and footers are not sent in either instant or digest email
>> broadcasts to the list.
>>

> See the FAQ
>
>> Mailman FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
>>
> Article 4.39
>
> Perhaps the headers and footers are being put in separate MIME parts
> that your MUA doesn't show you.

Another possibility is that you configured Mailman to use
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail' rather than the strongly recommended
'SMTPDirect'.  The distributed Sendmail module does not "decorate"
the messages on their way out.  (There is a thread about this in the
June, 2004 archives... messages with the subject "No footer".)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/