[Mailman-Users] Filtering with procmail.

Niels Richter niels.richter at racken.de
Wed May 25 18:54:56 CEST 2005

Hello mailman-users,

I'm running a mailman-installation at a seperat server. It only gets
the mails, an spread them to the users. The SPAM-filtering is running
at another machine but also the SPAM-marked mails are send to the
mailman-server.

So my problem is to get procmail in contact with the incoming mails to
filter this mails. I read two interessting articles at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.015.htp>
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.023.htp>
but after doing this steps I got the problem, that after rebuilding
the aliases-file my changes to that file were overwritten.

My question is: does someone have a solution for this problem or is
there a better method to filter already marked SPAM-Mails? Maybe I can
use some files from this page:
< http://www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin >

Or would it be the best to install spamassassin also at the
mailman-server an follow the instructions linked above?

Thanks for your help!

--
Niels.