[Mailman-Users] /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

Kris Vassallo kris at linuxcertified.com
Wed May 25 02:40:24 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 16:05, John Dennis wrote:

> Kris Vassallo wrote:
> >
> > >I am getting emails with the following error in the body of emails being
> > >sent to the list owner:
> > >/bin/sh: mailman: command not found
> > >
> > >The subject reads as follows:
> > >[Mailman] Cron <mailman at xxxxxxxx> mailman
> > >/usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
>
> Somehow you've got crontab entries enabled with a non-crontab file.
> Reading the section on cron in /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT
> may help you understand better. But the short answer is the cron file
> supplied in the rpm you installed has an extra field in it at position
> 6, the mailman user. It is to be installed in /etc/cron.d. However
> please note this is automatically done for you by the init.d script when
> you start and stop mailman,

Ah ha! I followed the instructions on the Mailman website for
installation as I was unaware of the docs that already existed on my
system; so I had run the crontab command to get the cron jobs running.
So I removed  mailmans crontab entries and restarted Mailman.. works
like a charm now.
THANKS!
-Kris