[Mailman-Users] How do I link into the archive page to control access

precision at comcast.net precision at comcast.net
Tue May 24 21:15:48 CEST 2005

I have a site with multiple email lists (all private).  It's easy to keep
unwanted persons from posting to the lists, but I would like to tie into/replace
the main archive page for each list with a php script tied into the site which
uses the user information/privileges that are already built into the web site to
control access to the list.  The web site uses the users email as their account
and it is password protected.  I have a privilege mechanism set up on the site
to grant users access to various functionality.  I'd like to use that same
mechanism to grant privilege to viewing the lists.  Is there a way that I can
replace the "default" archive page with a php version which I could tie the
existing privilege/security mechanism that already exists on the web site and
control access to viewing the list through it?
Thanks