[Mailman-Users] database directory ??

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 24 17:46:08 CEST 2005

Jean-Philippe GIOLA wrote:

>What is the content of the database directory in
>archives/public/<list-name>/datebase ???

Normally, archives/public/<list-name>/ is a symlink to
archives/private/<list-name>/

archives/private/<list-name>/database contains files for each archive
volume, e.g.

2005-May-article
2005-May-author
2005-May-date
2005-May-subject
2005-May-thread

These contain the current state of the archive and I think are used by
pipermail to help in the process of adding messages and updating the
various index files in, e.g., archives/private/<list-name>/2005-May

For more info, see the modules in Mailman/Archiver/*.py