[Mailman-Users] move lists?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 24 17:11:57 CEST 2005

Paul Reilly wrote:

>Is there a way to export the contents of a config.pck file
>in to text format, so I can see what settings an old mailing
>list was using?

bin/config_list will produce an output file suitable for input to
itself.

bin/dumpdb will show more.

But, if you're moving a list, why not just move the config.pck file. As
long as you're not moving to a "downgrade" version of mailman, this
works (although you may have to run fix_url.py afterwards if the move
is to a different domain).