[Mailman-Users] Installation/Config Problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 23 21:18:48 CEST 2005

Pelkey, Jeff wrote:

>With the squid problem, I have tried a couple of different options with little success to point to the correct DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and when I use the '%s' param it appends port 8000 and everything is pointed to port 8000 which is squid's httpd_accel_port.  When I try to put in the FQDN 'http://myserver.domain.com/mailman' in mm_cfg.py, I get an error message on the webpage.  Who do I send the bug information too?

You should not be changing DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN unless you want things
like a port or https instead of http. You need to make sure you have
the right values for DEFAULT_URL_HOST (probably 'myserver.domain.com')
and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, and if they aren't correct in Defaults.py, you
need to redefine them in mm_cfg.py and then add

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

following the definitions for DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.

DEFAULT_HOST_NAME and DEFAULT_URL are deprecated and should not be
changed from their default assignments of None.

If all this is correct and you still have problems, you may need to run
fix_url.py against the existing lists.

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp