[Mailman-Users] Setting sitewide defaults that can't be changed?

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 19 11:26:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 01:43:12PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> George Booth wrote:
> >That would explain why I couldn't find it. So, it's a binary code, not conf
> >files or anything I can directly edit. Not very convenient, eh? Anyway,
> >thanks for the info. :)

<snip>
> ARCHIVE_CATEGORIES.remove('archive')
> DEFAULT_ARCHIVE = Off
>
> in mm_cfg.py to remove the Archiving Options completely and default
> 'archive' to Off for new lists. If you did this, I think the only way
> to turn archiving on or off for a list would be with bin/withlist.

You could also use my patch (number 1164457 on sf.net):

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1164457&group_id=103&atid=300103

This lets you write something like:

  SITE_HIDE_LIST_OPTIONS = ['owner']

in mm_cfg.py, and will then completely remove the "owner" option from
the config pages. This is a list, so you can remove as many options as
you like.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom