[Mailman-Users] Mailman Bug?/no Admin level web access

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed May 18 04:04:56 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 21:33 -0400, EWStahl at aol.com wrote:

> Mailman created a new file, but the others show as plain text and the
> new one as octet stream.

I'm afraid I don't understand. What "others" and what do you mean the
new log file is octet stream?

> Right now I'm at accept all on ports/firewall, with SELinux enabled
> and enforcing but turned off on the httpd daemon. I can access all of
> the pages except the Admin ones.

Please turn ALL of SELinux off. There are many parts of the security
policy that might come into play, not just httpd. For instance mailman
has its own security policy that is mated to the red hat mailman rpm's,
which you're not using, there is a tremendous opportunity here for
problems due to the mismatch. Let's try to eliminate SELinux as a factor
altogether.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>