[Mailman-Users] SOLVED Re: mp3 attachment

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Tue May 17 05:07:52 CEST 2005

>> Anyway, assuming your filtering is currently set up with
>> filter_mime_types empty and some entries in pass_mime_types, you need
>> to add audio/mpeg and if not there already, multipart/mixed to
>> pass_mime_types. That should work for all "correct" mp3 attachments.
>
> Actually, "solved" might not be quite accurate.  Since my content
> filtering
> was turned OFF, it shouldn't matter if I added audio/mpeg to the pass
> types.
> However, the observation is that after I did that, it worked and allowed
> the
> mp3 attachment to come through.  At first I had thought that it didn't,
> but
> I guess I didn't wait long enough, and it took a little longer for SA and
> ClamAV to process the message.  It showed up a tad bit later than I
> expected, after my post!
>
> So I don't understand what happened yet, but it is working!  Sorry for the
> bother, but I did learn something about content filtering and mime
> ypes.  -
> John

Another very weird thing is the the limited headers on the mail that was
successfully delivered with the attachment to the list:

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:29:30 -0500

Any comments about the Content Type?  And I'm missing my usual headers from
ClamAV and SpamAssassin for this mail only!  Oh well, this is getting a
little disjointed (my fault).  I'll report back if and when things clarify a
little.  - John