[Mailman-Users] Mailman Bug?/no Admin level web access

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Tue May 17 00:13:49 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 02:14:02PM -0400, ewstahl at aol.com wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me fix this. I installed mailman, and
> couldn't figure out why the web interface didn't work. It seems I CAN
> access any of the pages, but the admin ones. I get a lovely message in
> the browser:
> "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.6rc3
>
> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
> Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
> traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
> but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "
>
> My mailman log shows nothing, hasn't been updated since May 10th, but
> Apache's log shows  useful information:
[...]
> [Mon May 16 13:13:04 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] IOError: [Errno
> 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/mailman/logs/error'

Did you run bin/check_perms?  The logs directory and the files
within it should be group writable (and owned by the group that
you specified as with-mail-gid when you built Mailman).

It looks like Mailman is unable to write to your logs (which
explains why they haven't changed since May 10th).

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/