[Mailman-Users] Outbound smtp email problems (qmail problems)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 16 16:45:04 CEST 2005

Matt England wrote:

>It seems there's some problem with my SMTP server...I'm just trying to
>figure out what it is or how I can reproduce it other then keeping to point
>Mailman or phpBB forums at it (both fail for SMTP localhost connections).

The symptoms you have described do not really arise at the level of
Mailman code, even in SMTPDirect.py. If this is not strictly a qmail
issue, the problems probably occur in the interface between the Python
library and qmail, not in Mailman. Did you update or change Python
coincident with the start of these troubles?

In another post, you mentioned using Sendmail.py. I hope you have read
and carefully considered all the comments in that module.