[Mailman-Users] Sanitizer settings

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Thu May 12 19:50:50 CEST 2005

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On May 12, 2005, at 16:03, Scot Hacker wrote:
>
>>> A user is asking why  HTML messages are ending up with attachments
>>> (which their organization is bouncing back to them since it doesn't
>>> allow HTML attachments).
>>

> What is in the attachments?  (Do you have a list footer added to
> messages passing through your  Mailman?  Some users will describe the
> footer as an "attachment" to an HTML or multipart/alternative
> message.  Make the footer empty.)
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>

Ah... thanks very much for the clue. Yep, disabling the footer fixes the
issue (although we're then left without a footer). Interesting FAQ.
Somehow, this was not happening when the lists were running through
CommuniGate Pro;  I'm not sure how that MTA solves the problem. But at
least this is a possible solution for Mailman, so  thanks.

> If you are using Mailman's content filtering, double check your MIME
> type filtering and html/text conversion rules on the Content
> filtering web page for your list.

No, we're not using Content Filtering for these lists.

Scot