[Mailman-Users] Group mismatch error

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Wed May 11 14:37:53 CEST 2005

--On May 11, 2005 9:34:29 AM +0100 John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:

> Which script are you referring to?

The entire text of the error message is:

"Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "mail", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "mailnull".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "mail", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailnull'.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2"

So it's the mail wrapper script that I was referring to.

> I have had things working before, running configure with all the defaults
> and don't want to mess with anything if I can avoid it.

If it was working before, you didn't see this error, and you haven't
changed your mailman installation, then something else changed.  Maybe
that'll give you some clues as to what you have to fix.  Also see the
mailman FAQ at:

    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779