[Mailman-Users] How to clear queue?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon May 9 23:37:49 CEST 2005

At 11:18 AM -0700 2005-05-09, Tyler Strickland wrote:

>  I'm running a fairly large (~125000 user) list that takes about 2 days
>  to send to.  Say, for example, we notice an error in a message that we
>  sent out 2 hours ago, but that still has about 2 days to go to get
>  everything sent.  Optimization is an issue for another day, but is there
>  a way to stop that message from getting sent to any more members?

	Stopping the queue runners will keep Mailman from sending out
anything more, but you'll also have to stop the queue runners for
your MTA -- it's entirely possible that Mailman was finished dumping
outgoing e-mail on your MTA long ago, and it's your MTA that is
taking so long to send everything.

	But certainly, if you're seeing performance problems, you should
definitely go through the FAQ and read everything that matches
"performance".

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755