[Mailman-Users] Why do install docs use Apache Alias w/ trailing slash?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Mon May 9 17:19:54 CEST 2005

Why do the install docs use Apache Alias w/ trailing slash?

http://list.org/mailman-install/node10.html

This reference seems to make a solid argument for not using trailing slashes:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-E.html#set-servername

The 'ScriptAlias' trailing slash may not hurt much of anything (although I
plan on being consistent and tell my Apache admins to always eliminate
trailing ScriptAlias and Alias slashes as a general rule...for
consistency's sake--any problems with this?), but the Alias trailing slash
can cause problems as per above...I think.

Am I overlooking something?  If so, I'd like to get to the bottom of it so
I get my Mailman server working correctly for all user scenarios.

-Matt