[Mailman-Users] Mail going to qfiles/shunt

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sun May 8 14:42:02 CEST 2005

John W. Baxter wrote:

> On 5/7/05 4:45 AM, "Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
>
>>Mailman 2.1.5 required Python 2.3, but in theory this was
>>supposed to be fixed in Mailman 2.1.6, easing the restriction back
>>down to Python 2.1.
>
> Which would imply that Barry's new email module is good back at least to
> Python 2.1.  (If so, that tells me we can use it (with a Python 2.3.x
> system) to perhaps reduce the incidence of certain errors.  Not a
> Mailman-related program suite.)

Hi,

I think I could track this down.  I used Unicode{En|De}codeError but
they are introduced in Python2.3.  It should be UnicodeError and this
catches both encode ande decode errots.  I've updated CVS with this fix
for Decorate.py and cmd_subscribe.py.  It was my fault not Barry's.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/