[Mailman-Users] How to put extra spaces in Topic name field

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sat May 7 13:22:42 CEST 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 00:07, Jeff Peterson wrote:

> In the Topic Name field, I have tried adding extra spaces, but the
> extra
> spaces are not displayed.

The leading spaces are preserved in the list object, but since they
are being displayed in a table cell, they don't appear in the GUI.

> I have tried putting a backslash '\' in front
> of the spaces, the backslash shows up with one space following it. I
> even tried adding '&nbsp', but no luck. Is it even possible to get
> extra
> spaces displayed? Thank you.

I can think of two possibilities, each a little messy:

1.  You could use bin/withlist to add leading    to the
topics... and then never edit the topics through the GUI again.  (You
can't use the web GUI since it will escape the &.)

2.  Modify your Mailman/Cgi/options.py where it does "Create the
topics radios" and replace the leading spaces of the topic name with
' ' when building the topics table rows.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/