[Mailman-Users] Subscribing from cell phones

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sat May 7 07:51:24 CEST 2005

On May 5, 2005, at 14:55, Scot Hacker wrote:

> (although that solution will affect lists system-wide, rather than
> per-list; anyone know of a way to make tweaks like this  per-list?).

You can set a specific list's subscribe_policy to 0 using bin/
withlist.  (You won't be able to set it to 0 via the GUI or
config_list without setting ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE.)

$ bin/withlist -l mylist
m.subscribe_policy = 0
m.Save()
{ctrl-D}

P.S.  I have been able to use the normal subscribe/confirm scheme
from my phone, so it is probably a function of your carrier or your
phone.  One quirk I've noticed in my lists is that if I use
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS=Yes, the reply address gets truncated in the reply
message, and I have to manually add the last few characters of the
domain name.  In my case that is presumably a phone bug, since it is
picking up fewer reply address characters than it allows me to enter
and successfully send.
--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/