[Mailman-Users] Problem with html mail messages...

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri May 6 11:17:47 CEST 2005

At 6:49 PM -0400 2005-05-05, Matt Goebel wrote:

>    We are having issues with a user who has been trying to paste html into
>  messages.  His messages are archived with the "attachments" removed, but
>  the messages are never send to the list members.  Anyone have any ideas
>  what might be going on?

	The messages have to start out as HTML-formatted.  You can't take
a plain-text message and then paste HTML into it and expect that to
work -- there's extra syntactic glue around the message content which
has to be provided by the MUA, and this is invisible to the message
sender.

	As to exactly what's happening in your case, it's hard to say.
Maybe the faux HTML is being stripped and leaving no message that can
be distributed, who knows?  With more details from you, we might be
able to help.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755