[Mailman-Users] Question about welcome list email

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Thu May 5 06:23:03 CEST 2005

Jared Nyland wrote:

>I have been trying to find away to remove the line
>that says (To post to this list, send your email
>to:)in the welcome to list email. I thought there was
>away to disable it in the admin options of a mailing
>list. Has someone done this before that can help out?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Jared

From:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=confirmation&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

"

In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create
a directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file  for
your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized  template for
the English welcome messages.

"

Works a treat!

Scot