[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-docs] How to get Sender Id from the Mailing List where the annoymous option is set

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed May 4 03:00:33 CEST 2005

Cleaning up my mail spool. Didn't see a response so...

The answer is yes. you can look at several of the log files maintained
by Mailman and get a LOT of info. Among that information is who posted
and when.

Here is a slice of a stats file I run monthly. This part lists the top
ten posters to the list "mylist":

 echo "Top 10 posters to the list mylist:"
 grep -i "post to mylist " $POST |cut -f 10 "-d " |sort |uniq -c \
     |sort -bgr |head -10

Hope that helps *someone*

Jon Carnes