[Mailman-Users] reason for "nomail": admin vs bounce

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 3 19:51:59 CEST 2005

hi.

some members of my lists keep bouncing and Mailman does not catch these
bounces, so they are forwarded to me (the listadmin)
some of these members are just over-quota.

now i'd like to disable these bouncing adresses (which i can do by
simple activating the "nomail" flag)

however, i would like the users to be informed that there subscription
were set to nomail, like it seems to happen when the bounces are caught
by Mailman: Mailman will attempt to deliver a "your subscription has
been disabled" (or whatever) several times.

is there a way to manually set a member into "nomail=bybounce" mode and
get Mailman to treat it as a normal (caught) bounce ??

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes