[Mailman-Users] adding the aliases

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon May 2 17:53:52 CEST 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, John W. Baxter wrote:
> On 5/2/2005 4:36, "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina"

> > What tips would you suggest to allow the adding of aliases when adding a
> > ML through the web interface? (that would include regeneration of the
> > alias-db and may be restarting or reloading the MTA)

> Use Postfix, I understand, and Mailman can manage the per-list aliases for
> you, per easily available information.

Once you have the dots connected, the MM/postfix integration works fairly
well (at least, it has for me). If you're running sendmail, you should
really consider replacing it with either postfix or exim (I'm not a
fan of qmail at all).

You might also want to search this list's archives for the many discussions
on the different MTAs.

z!