[exim] Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman/Exim problem with very slow outgoing mail on one list

Stephanie stephanie.elsy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:00:01 CEST 2005

Heather Madrone wrote:

> If you go to <www.dnsstuff.com> or a similar site, you can see what
> the world sees.

Aha! I had to run out of the house this morning so I didn't even think
of trying DNSstuff!  Thanks for the reminder and since it shows "No
PTR records exist for brillig.net" for PTR lookup, obviously there is
something wrong there.  I'll fix that this as soon as I get home!

> If you're having reverse DNS problems, you should also have a lot of
> refused deliveries for those lists, and it doesn't sound like you do.

They probably got recorded as bounces - and it may be part of the
reason there's been some problem with deliveries to the 4 or 5 Verizon
members (which I had written off as Verizon's bugginess).

--
hth,
Stephanie

Links blog: http://alice.ttlg.net/links/
Glenfinnan Web Hosting: http://www.glenfinnan.net/

The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but
plunges him more deeply into them.
-- Antoine De Saint-Exupery [Wind, Sand, Stars]