[Mailman-Users] Transfering mailman lists between servers

James B. Byrne ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Tue Mar 29 22:18:05 CEST 2005

On 29 Mar 2005 at 9:49, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> What happens if you go to
> http://mailman.domain.tld/pipermail/transferlist/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pipermail/transferlist/ on
this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

> Do the directives in mailman.conf only apply to the
> mailman.domain.tld host?

To my knowledge, no.  As far as I can tell the mailman.conf
directives are applied across every IP address on the server.
There are no other redirects specified elsewhere that deal with
\mailman or \pipermail and I lack sufficient experience with http
directives to know whether or not this situation can be resolved by
adding a second Redirectmatch for the fqdn host or if that would
just override the one for the mailman aliased hostname.

> Where are these hyperlinks of the form
> http://<realhostname>.domain.tld/pipermail/... Are they
> everywhere in the archive or just on the listinfo page?

All the archives, both the testlist and the others, have embedded
http links of the form:

testlist/2004-July/index.html:       <li><b><a
href="http://mailman.domain.tld/mailman/listinfo/testlist">More
info on this list...

and

/thread.html:      <li><b><a
href="http://mailman.domain.tld/mailman/listinfo/reallist">

> Have you changed PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL in mm_cfg.py?

No.

Thanks,
Jim

--