[exim] Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman/Exim problem with very slow outgoing mailon one list

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Mar 29 17:44:01 CEST 2005

On 3/28/2005 12:40, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Stephanie wrote:
>>
>> At first glance I would think this is strictly an Exim problem but
>> since it's affecting a single Mailman list, I keep coming back to
>> something going wrong between the two.
>
> I agree this certainly seems to be a strictly Exim problem. See
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041815.html
>
> This addresses delays within Mailman, but the underlying problem might
> apply to Exim queues as well as Mailman queues. I have no idea really,
> but it might be worth a look.

The environment was earlier in the thread said to be unchanged.  I would ask
Stephanie whether that environment extends to the local caching name server
still working?  Changes to firewalling (specifically whether Ident has been
foolishly dropped (instead of rejected) in a router or firewall, if Exim is
set up to use it)?

   --John