[Mailman-Users] Wierd Problem creating list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 28 21:50:34 CEST 2005

Tamara Yoggev wrote:

>That's right, only after I fixed (in mailman.conf, which is included in
>httpd.conf) the following :
>This is what I originally had with my previous problem "no such list etc."
>
>ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
>
>Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
>
><Directory /var/mailman/archives>
>
>Options +FollowSymlinks
>
></Directory>

There must be a set of wrappers in /var/mailman/cgi-bin/ These are
probably correct.

Where is the archives/public directory. Is there one in /var/mailman?

>I changed this to (mailman is installed in: /usr/local/mailman):
>

>ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

Does this directory even exist. Is there a set of wrappers it it?

>Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
>
><Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives>

Also does this directory exist?

>Options +FollowSymlinks
>
></Directory>
>
>After I made this change, which seemed to be reasonable to me, maybe I'm
>wrong did I see the-
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Actually, there must be wrappers in /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/ too or
you wouldn't see the "we hit a bug" message.

It seems you may have run ./configure and make install more than once
with different --with-var-prefix values and without running make clean
in between.