[Mailman-Users] Unable to subscribe.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 28 19:47:53 CEST 2005

Matthew A. Marshall wrote:

>Hello, I'm running mailman v2.1.5.  When I attempt to subscribe to a
>list via the web gui.  I receive the email I need to confirm.  I reply
>to the email.  The email is received by my mailman server.  I see it in
>the maillog.   However, after that nothing happens.  I am not added to
>the list nor a message stating that I have sucessfully subscribed.  Has
>anyone else had this problem?

The e-mail has a subject of the form

Subject: confirm bfb17fa8cb865644b1d4239335148977d3bc6267

The reply needs to go to the <listname>-request address and it needs to
preserve the subject or possibly make a subject of the form

There is an issue with certain MUAs (MS Outlook) that will make the
subject of the reply

This will not work. I.e. 'confirm' needs to be either the first or the
second "token" following Subject:

See the thread at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-March/043360.html