[Mailman-Users] MTAs

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Mar 25 22:48:21 CET 2005

On 3/25/2005 13:08, "Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> If you've got Exim 3.x and you want to use Mailman 2.1.x,
> you're screwed.

Debian woody notwithstanding, no one should be installing and running Exim 3
these days.  There is essentially no one readily available (eg, on the
exim-users mailing list) who remembers much about it.

(After 10 years of reading Exim logs, and a few minutes reading Postfix
logs, I would reverse Brad's characterization (I don't know how configurable
Postfix's logging is...Exim can add or drop many aspects of the log
entries).  Actually, the Postfix logs look quite reasonable.)

  --John