[Mailman-Users] temporary delivery error

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Mar 25 20:42:55 CET 2005

At 11:00 AM -0800 2005-03-25, John W. Baxter wrote:

>                                             Interestingly, the O'Reilly book
>  "Postfix, The Definitive Guide" (my copy was printed in Dec 2003...first
>  edition) does not mention "quota" in its index.

	That's because quotas like this don't actually have anything to
do with postfix.  Any mailbox quotas that are applied come from the
Local Delivery Agent, or the operating system and filtered up through
through the LDA.

	From the LDA, these errors are filtered up through to postfix,
which then issues either a permanent or a temporary error code to the
sending machine, depending on how you have configured it to react to
that kind of error from the LDA.

	So, when trying to debug problems like this, start with postfix,
and follow through from there to the LDA.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755